Telemetry: highly automated communications process by which measurements are made and other data collected at remote, inaccessible or dangerous places and transmitted to receiving equipment for display, monitoring, and recording.
Analysis of ‘real-world’ telemetry applications has revealed that many require only a small quantity of data to be transferred and that latency is often not important. It is possible to design solutions that are directly suited to a given class of application.
This can be accomplished by grouping telemetry systems in terms of:
• Data rate
• One or two-way data flow
• Point-to-point or point-to-multipoint
• Wide or local area coverage
• Power source
All KOST IT telemetry solutions utilize technology to achieve point to multipoint communications designed to leverage easy-to-use Web technologies and inexpensive public networks.
• We incorporate full Web server technology with SMS reporting and remote control to give real-time access anytime, anywhere through a standard Web browser.
• Operators can receive alarms and communicate with their sites remotely using a cell phone.
• Automatic alarm escalation allows key maintenance personnel to receive any unacknowledged alarms.